We are seeking a dynamic and forward thinking person to join our team! We are a well established, fully functioning boatyard with almost 120 years of expertise.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience in boating and understands the "lingo"
- has experience in boat maintenance and repair
- has experience in gel coat and fibre glassing and wood working
- has great customer service skills
- has experience in running and standing rigging
What will I do?
- carry out jobs allocated by Mark Trout
- fit out, maintain and repair boats using fibre glass and timber
- launch and recover boats, you'll be driving and assisting from the Exe to our boatyard and Topsham Quay. Boats are brought ashore using our in-house crane
- sanding, painting and antifouling using specialist marine products
- drive the tractor to tow boats to storage in one of 4 locations
- pressure wash hulls and detail boats
- maintenance on boatyard equipment when necessary
- provide excellent customer service
The salary is competitive and will reflect both the experience and skill set held by the applicant.
The contract is for 40 hours per week, 0800 to 1700 with 1 hour for lunch unpaid, Monday to Friday. There will be occasional early starts and Saturday mornings.