- Lying Ashore: Trout’s Boatyard
- Builder: Fairways Marine
- Year of Build: 1980
- Powered by: Beta BD722
- Current Owner: 2016 – current
- Designer: Gary Hoyt & Jay Paris
- Previous Owners: 2 from 1983-2016
- Year constructed: 5th November 1980
- Moulding Number: FR28 107 5/11/80
- Construction: Hull & deck balsa-cored solid GRP below the turn of the bilge 1,725Kg of lead ballast moulded into hull and centreboard.
- Osmosis treatment August 2000.
- Registration: Part 1 : ON398722, GT 5.39, Port of registration Exeter.
- Keel: Centreboard/ Retractable keel
- Hull: Copper Coated
- Berths: 4
- LOA: 9.14m
- LWL: 7.84m
- Beam: 2.84m
- Min Draft: 0.7m (keel up), 1.3m (keel down)
- Engine model: Beta BD722
- Engine Hours: circa 168
- Engine Serviced: 2019
- Fuel capacity: 70 litres
- Propeller: 3 blade Darglow FeatherStream 13x9 feathering propeller
|Rig - Twin Mast
- Cat ketch with carbon fibre masts (one original, one replaced).
- Wishbone booms, both appear to have been replaced by original owner.
- Sails made by Watson Sails, Malahide, County Dublin in 2004.
- Sail Area: mainsail: 20.40m2, mizzen: 16.26m2. Also 3 mizzen staysails – runner, reacher (both 2004) and storm trysail (original).
- All running rigging handled from the cockpit by Spinlock clutches (replaced 2012) and a Lewmar 40ST winch. All running rigging blocks replaced in 2013 with Selden blocks.
- All running rigging has been replaced during current ownership.
- Forepeak twin V berth with drop-in conversion to double. Main cabin two single berths with lee cloths. Fittings for two roll-out pilot berths. Large saloon table with drop-down flaps mounted on centreboard trunk
- Port side aft. Galley. Refrigerator. Sink with pressurised hot and cold water, hand pumped cold water and sea water. Gas cooker with twin burners and oven (November 2016).
- Starboard side aft. Wet weather clothing hanging locker. Heads compartment with pressurised hot and cold mixer/shower and hand pumped cold water.
- Storage below all berths. Alcove storage above saloon berths. Fore cabin storage shelf.
- Heads compartment with pressurised hot and cold water with mixer/shower and hand pumped cold water.
- Heads located to starboard aft.
| Refurbishment since purchase
During season 2017
- Antifoul stripped, hull defects repaired, Coppercoat applied, seacocks replaced. Masts and mast steps refurbished.
- LPG regulator, piping and valve replaced. Gas system tested.
- Engine removed, overhauled, and reinstalled. Darglow Featherstream propeller (from previous boat) fitted with new pitch stop and installed.
- New Raymarine wheel drive unit fitted. Raymarine autopilot control unit circuit board repaired.
- Lewmar 40ST winch serviced and top plate replaced.
- Whitlock steering rod end rose joints replaced.
- Fresh water tank replaced. All plumbing replaced with push-fit plastic piping. Replacement bilge pump and auto switch, replacement shower tray pump. Holding tank, diverter valve and Whale sanitation pump fitted.
- Partial rewiring. New battery shelf. New electrical control panel. New LED cabin lighting. Deck sockets for anchor light and solar panel. Navigation lights replaced with LED sealed units except masthead all-round white/tricolour (LED bulbs fitted). Fitted NASA Clipper wind system.
- Centreboard tackle blocks repaired and replaced.
- Much of running rigging rope replaced.
- Whitlock Cobra steering pedestal stripped, bearings replaced, friction lock replaced. Repainted. Steering compass replaced. Pressurised hot and cold-water pump replaced.
- Remove degraded Treadmaster. Paint decks with Hempel Non-Slip Deck Coating. Replace metal rubbing strake. Fit Isotherm Compact SP2050 water-cooled refrigerator. Fit freshwater contents gauge. Sail covers fully restitched.
- Cosmetic repairs to saloon woodwork, some revarnishing. Stripped and recoated wooden cockpit coaming. New window in spray hood.
- Revision of centreboard tackle to increase purchase. Replacement log impeller.
- ICOM IC-M421 DSC radio.
- Garmin Echomap 50S plotter
- Fire extinguishers x 3
- Galley pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, storage containers, gas lighter.
- Saloon port side: fresh water extending hose pipe, cockpit dodgers, main & mizzen sail bags, emergency VHF antenna, extending boathook, scrubber handle
- Saloon starboard side: toolbox with tools, spanner roll, engine spares kit, small electricals toolkit, small rigging kit, assorted fixings, propeller service kit (grease gun, grease, grease nipple, spare anodes, thread lock), shore power cable, flexible solar panel (bulkhead socket in cockpit), anchor light (deck socket near mainmast), motoring cone and anchor ball, safety harness tethers x 4, rescue line, flag staff, ensign, snatch blocks x 4, hand bearing compass, first aid kit.
- Port cockpit locker: fenders, warps, emergency tiller, 20 litre diesel container, gas cylinders x 2.
- Starboard cockpit locker: 80 Ah engine start battery, 115 Ah domestic battery, mizzen staysails x 2, buckets, fuel dipstick, engine oil, petrol can, scrubber head.
- Companionway steps: winch handles, pump handle, deck filler keys, heaving line, wooden bungs, horn.
- Forepeak: Assorted cordage, heavy warps, 10 litre freshwater containers x 2, fender, storm trysail, halyard mouse lines.
- Genuine CQR anchor with 50 metres of chain.
- Aluminium tubes for pipe cots x 2. Battens x2 for securing outboard edge of pipe cot canvas.
- Any other items not listed and found on board are included in the purchase.
- Bill of Sale: Documented
- Original Vat Invoice: Exempt as pre-1985
- Maintenance Records: Documented